Thursday, October 13, 2011

Xtra training day

Hey,

So today was my "Xtra" day. This day usually involves performing some type of circuit style lifting which addresses my weak points and increases my weekly training volume. It also serves as an amazing GPP booster because it often includes some type of conditioning element.

Today was:
Foam rolling and a dynamic warmup

5 rounds of

30 second battle ropes
30 second march on the broken treadmill (kinda like a sled drag)
30 second backpedal on the same Tmill
10 Glute ham raise sit-ups
10 pall off press per side
10 barbell military press
20 barbell Rows
10 barbell good mornings
10 barbell lunges
(all the barbel movements were with the empty bar)

I did this all in 22 minutes.

I finished with some shoulder rehab and glut activation stuff (did it with my softball team as part of their warmup)

The reason for no traditional weighted movements today was the soreness I had from my squat session yesterday and the lift I have planned tomorrow. Got a great sweat and pump going and I feel awesome heading into tomorrow.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment