Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Training for today

Much like Nick, I will be posting my own training on the site. I also follow a conjugate model of periodization not unlike the Westside Barbell template. I differential in the volume of my accessory work and the organization of my days.

M- ME Bench
T - Xtra
W - ME Squat/ DE Deadlift
R - Xtra
F - DE Bench
S or Sun -ME Deadlift (depends on our lifting groups schedule)

Today was my ME squat and DE Deadlift training session. It was as follows:

1. Reverse band squat (grey band so it takes about 90lbs off the bottom) - Worked up to 585x1, 605x miss
2. Glute Ham Raise - Trying to do these with as little assistance as possible from the machine, 3 holes showing 4x10
3. a - BB Split Squat 135x3x10
b. Hanging windshield wiper abs - 3 each, 3 each, 2 each... added leg raises to the bar after each set up to 10 reps

This was a tough lift today and the goal was to test out some knee wraps and work my technique. Very pleased with the results. See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment