Wednesday, October 12, 2011

First Post/Lacrosse Training

Currently I have been working with a men's lacrosse team in New York City.  My primary goal for the year is to not have any muscular or ligament injuries that I can prevent through strength training (primarily ACL).  I started the team out with a basic periodization model much like one would see in the NSCA.  I started them off with about  3 weeks of basic hypertrophy (high reps and lots of fatigue).  After they accomplished a few weeks of this, I did two weeks of clustering (adapted from Brandon Beach; unlike any training I have seen before).  As of now, we are running through a basic conjugate method training three times a week.  Because the days are split into Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays, Our week starts on Thursday with heavy box squatting/Zercher Squatting (surprisingly, the team has grown to love Zercher Squats), Fridays-power shrug and bench press/3 Board.  All accessory work has been in the high repetition range. We have also been working with alot of rotational work such as torso rainbows and anti-rotational work such as pile-off press. 

Accomplishments for this year include:
1. a 425 pound box squat from a student athlete
2. a hip flip onto a 17 inch box by a student athlete

No comments:

Post a Comment